Sunday, April 19, 2009

Term 2 /Week 5 : Learning Standard English


Hi, here's a picture which was taken by a Stomper. He had a question which he's hoping that someone would help to answer. Read what the Stomper had asked below:
"This picture of a public notice was taken inside a boat at Marina South Pier. I was travelling from the pier to Kusu Island when I spotted this notice on a door. The boat is owned by Singapore Island Cruise. Is there something wrong with this notice?"
Now, I want you to try answering the question above. Share an instance where you had also seen English being used inappropriately on public notice or sign.
Regards
Mrs NAM

3 comments:

  1. note* if u r reading this today which u probably is tmr is outing:D venue: wild wild wet~~ rmb to bring money the ticket is liik 10.50? meet up: meet us at yck interchange at... uhh 9am

    ReplyDelete
  2. gt wrong??? i thought no wrong leh....:-) Siti

    ReplyDelete